Tuesday, September 1, 2009

FINALLY!!

Holaaa Chicos!! I saw that my older brother John posted on his facebook that I am blogging and for people to follow my blog, so I felt bad because I hadnt been able to figure out my name and password but I finally got it to work!! I am so happy!! Finally, a month after my first blog..i get to post! This is actually good too because I will be getting internet in my house here in Mexico in a couple days! I have been just dragging my laptop to school or using the computers in the library like I am right now!! So..welcome back ME!

Where to begin...

First, let me tell you about the trip down to Mexico..I was waiting for my connecting flight in Dallas to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and about 200 troops were getting off a plane arriving from Iraq, and it was really startling because first I see these old ladies with flags and I dont know what they are doing. Then all the men and women in their camo gear are coming off the plane and the entire airport stands and cheers for them, and this lasts about 15 minutes because it takes awhile for them all to get off. At this point I am a little teary-eyed because it really is a beautiful sight..I hear women behind me talking about how wonderful this is because they remember back when soldiers from Vietnam were arriving home and what kind of reception they received, boos and yells. ...So that was a pretty amazing start to my trip, to say the least.

Also, I want to point out that I am not a writer..I just want to fill you in on what is happening in my life :)

hah, I am so excited right now, to be writing this..

So, the first week in Mexico was crazy busy..I was trying to figure out my living situation and getting my classes in order and still, there are so many things that I have to learn in spanish. It is just like everyday in english I am learning new words still..it is just like that in spanish. And I got overwelmed because it is a new city and I dont have my car just to get any where I want you know, I definitely miss that but taking a taxi is very very cheap, and the bus is even cheaper. Just the figuring out which bus to take is difficult. Well, to make a story short, I am living with a girl named Natalia and her brother Gabriel in a small house, they are really awesome people..so so kind. They are from Guanajuato, which is a state right next to Queretaro, google it! Their family comes some weekends and they are really amazing too..good cooks too! So now I have two brother Gabriels! My house is right next to school too so I dont have to walk very far, but the road is really stoney so it is kind of annoying..and there are a lot of dogs everywhere hah.

And you think mexican food at home is good, yeah riggggght. Any kind of food there is..you put on tacos. I must say that I am missing some cheese grits right now though! Mmm..it is okay, I am going to eat sushi later with some friends so it will be okay. And the sushi here is different too..they use like cream cheese and cucumbers in all of it, weird. I always option for the rolls without cucumber!

I have only been in Mexico for one month and have already seen 3 Primer Division soccer games! Dream come true for sure.. The second weekend I went with two friends to Guadalajara, Jalisco to watch the team from Queretaro, the Gallos Blancos, play the Chivas from Guadalajara. The Chivas are the only team in Mexico with 100% Mexicans..other teams have players from all over the world..so I think that is why they are the most liked in Mexico, and they have the most championships of all the teams. And we lost 2-0. The next weekend was a homegame vs Jaguares from Chiapas, which we tied 1-1. And this last weekend I went with my friend Julie and Loni to Mexico City for the weekend and watched the Gallos play the Pumas, we lost 3-0. Pumas are actually my favorite team in Mexico, they play at the UNAM stadium which is the largest university in Mexico.

Okay, that is enough for one post, I will post again ASAP since I know how to sign in! YAY


BESOS (Kisses)

-Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment